NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

D.K STEAK HOUSE - HONOLULU, HAWAII

D.K STEAK HOUSE
MARRIOTT HOTEL
HONOLULU, HI

Morton's, Ruth Chris, Wolfgangs......who serves the best steak in Hawaii? After trying them all several times, the verdict is in. The winner is D.K STEAK HOUSE. I have been here many times and twice in the last two weeks. I mixed it up with a visit to Ruth Chris in between my last two visits. While Ruth Chris is good, it does not compare with D.K. The dry aged Paniolo Rib Eye is the most flavorful piece of meat on the Island. Hands down winner. The bomb.


When you enter D.K you are always greeted by smiling employees who quickly seat you. The wait staff is professional. I was seated at the bar waiting for my guests. I ordered a glass of chardonnay. When I took a few drinks of the wine, I made a face because the wine did not taste good. Without hesitation one of the waiters standing in the well asked me how the wine was. I said terrible. He quickly instructed the bartender to give me another drink on the house. I had a cold beer. Back to the steak. There are some very good appetizers on the D.K menu. I love the Black and Blue Ahi ($12.95). Rare seared ahi tuna dusted with cajun spices and served with and hot and spicy mustard sauce. The Steakhouse Crab Cakes are also very good. My problem is that the steak is so big I never have room for appetizers or sides here. I did enjoy the "Ultimate" Caesar Salad as it is called on the menu ($5.95 half order). This is a good Caesar served cold and crisp with shaved parmesan-reggiano cheese on top. We had a plate of anchovies on the side. The Entree menu is quite extensive and features dry aged steaks that are aged 30 days at the restaurant. You can go surf and turf at D.K. They have shrimp, lobster and crab combination plates. The Surf and Turf dinners include soup or salad, vegetable and choice of potato. Prices range from $45 to $65 for the complete meal. Our entire table of four opted for the 22 oz. Paniolo Rib Eye ($39.95). The steak is prepared with a dry rub and served on the bone. The steak comes with two large pieces of grilled Maui onions and creme corn. The flavor is off the hook. The steak cuts like butter and then the flavors explode in your mouth. The combination of the steak, dry rub and Maui onion is heavenly. Every time I eat this steak I don't want to stop. The taste is that good. I have never finished an entire rib eye here. Always take half home. Our entire table was impressed with the rib eye. All four said it was the best steak they have ever eaten. As we completed our meal, the Manager (Ivy) greeted our table and sent over some complimentary home made brownies. Nice finish to a fantastic meal.
TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback