NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, May 7, 2023

BOSTON JOES GOURMET PIZZA

BOSTON JOES GOURMET PIZZA
OHANA HALE WAIKIKI
1958 KALAKAUA AVE
HONOLULU, HI

After enjoying a little Sushi at the Ohana Hale in Waikiki, we decided to give Boston Joe's Pizza a try.  Who said Pizza and Sushi don't make a great meal.  Ordered a Pepperoni, Sausage and Onion Pizza and Joe himself smiled and said "did you read my mind, I just put one of those in the oven with Peppers".  I'll take it I said.  We were seated at the Sushi Bar directly in front of Joe's and when the Pizza was done, he brought it out and enthusiastically told us about the ingredients and preparation of the Pizza.  Said he came from Boston to make this Pizza in Hawaii and he uses a special dough, two types of Cheese for more flavor along with taking the sauce and ingredients all the way to the sides of the Pizza.  Also gave us two free cookies.  I offered him an extra tip and he politely refused it and went back to take care of the other customers.  Watching Joe run his business by himself reminded me of how hard it is to run a small business.  He was the cashier, cook, food runner and dishwasher.  Joe did it all while smiling and making sure all of his customers were happy.  I liked the Pizza with the wafer thin crust.  My Wife thought the crust was too thin but mentioned that she liked the sauce.  I liked the Pizza and would definitely come back again to enjoy it and support Joe.

BOSTON JOE'S GOURMET PIZZA

SMALL SHOP IN THE OHANA HALE WAIKIKI

BOSTON JOE'S GOURMET PIZZA MENU

PEPPERONI, SAUSAGE, ONION AND PEPPERS

LIGHT, CRISPY AND DELICIOUS

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback