NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

MICHELINOS CAFE OLE' - SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS

MICHELINOS CAFE OLE'
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas is one of the best places to eat and visit in all of Texas.  The city has done a terrific job landscaping and designing the Riverwalk.  The area is clean, safe and beautiful.  It is like being transformed out of the city and into the canals of venice.  The canals are lined on both sides with a variety of bars and restaurants.  Lucky for me there were  lots of Mexican restaurants to choose from.  I didn't do any research on which one was best.  Just did a quick eye review of the ambiance, seating and menu.  As I took a quiet early evening stroll along the river, I saw a nice shady area with people eating and drinking.  Since I was running solo, I decided to try the place just because there was a semi secluded dining area that allowed you to see all the activity on the river without being right out on the river.  Boy was I lucky.  This place was great.  I ordered the combination platter that included a chicken enchilada, beef taco and chicken chalupa.  The price including rice and beans was $12.99.  Throw in a few Coor's Light brews and I was out of the place for $25.  The chicken was probably one of the best I have ever tasted.  It was marinated in tomatos and green chili's and spices.  The chalupa turned out to be a tostada with beans, chicken, lettuce and tomato.  This was the best I have had in ages.  Loaded with great flavor.  Like Los Barrios, the beef taco was ground beef that was a bit wet.  In fact, the taco bottom fell out when I tried to eat it.  The waitress came by several times to see if I was finished.  I kept telling her no because I wanted to take my time and enjoy the food and scenery on the river.  After finishing almost everything on the plate including the beans and rice, I finally gave up my plate.  

MICHELINOS CAFE IS LOCATED ON THE RIVER WALK IN SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS














2 comments:

Please leave your comments and feedback