NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

INFERNO'S WOOD FIRE PIZZA






INFERNO'S WOOD FIRE PIZZA
HONOLULU, HAWAII

What would you say if I told you that you could find a good pizza in a parking lot of a flooring store on Nimitz Highway. Well it's true. Inferno's Wood Fire Pizza sets up for lunch service in the parking lot. They have a trailer with a 800 degree wood fired oven set up and are serving pizzas for $8 to $10 each. And yes, the pizza is good. We tried the Margherita with San Marzano Tomato Sauce, Basil, Tomatoes and Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese ($10). The crust is cooked perfectly with a nice char on the edges. The crust is thin the way I like. You can taste the tomato and basil, but the sauce was a bit weak to me. I would prefer a bolder sauce. My friend wanted more cheese, but the cheese factor was good for me. We also tried the Daily Special which was a Kalua Pork Pizza with red onion, garlic and mushrooms. My slices had glumps of garlic that overpowered everything else. Not my favorite pizza. The menu includes classics like Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage and BBQ Chicken. You can also do a one topping pizza for $8 and and 2-3 topping pizza for $10. There is a small table next to the oven that seats about six people. I would recommend calling in advance and placing your order for pick up.
808-375-1200. This is good fresh pizza. I am looking forward to returning to try some more.
Click link at bottom of page for updated post on Inferno's.

1 comment:

  1. I agree this is some of the best pizza I have ever tasted in Hawaii! Simply incredible!
    pizza all over Kalihi,
    Albert Grande
    The Pizza Promoter

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and feedback