NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

BAY CITIES DELI - SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA

BAY CITIES DELI
SANTA MONICA, CA


After seeing the "Godmother" sandwich featured on the Food Network as one of the best things between bread, I just had to find the place and have a bite. My GPS took us right from Philippe in Downtown Los Angeles to Bay Cities in Santa Monica. This place is so busy that they have a parking attendant in the lot making sure people get in and out quickly. I liked this place the moment I walked in.  It is actually a deli, bakery and store. While you wait for your sandwich, you can walk the isles and see some really good food items. I took a number and waited at least thirty minutes before my number was called. I approached the counter and ordered the Godmother with The Works - mayo, yellow mustard, dijon mustard, onions, pickles, tomato, lettuce, peppers and Italian dressing. Once I had this prized possession in hand we grabbed one of the outside tables in front of the deli. The first thing you notice is the fresh baked Italian Roll. This is a delicious and chewy bread that just makes the sandwich pop with flavor. I could taste all of the ingredients. The meat, cheese, veggies and great Italian dressing. This is the bomb of a sandwich. I think the sandwich cost around $8 or $9.

THE GODMOTHER IS AWESOME!

BAY CITIES DELI IN SANTA MONICA
WATCH THE VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback