NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

RUBIO'S FISH TACOS













RUBIO'S FISH TACO

There are very few places that I can say that I have been eating at whenever possible for over twenty years. I was addicted to Rubio's Fish Tacos when I lived in San Diego in the 1980's. Back then, they had a limited menu featuring the best fish tacos on earth. We would eat at the Rubio's near San Diego State on a weekly basis. All we ever ordered was the fish taco. Nothing else. The Rubio's menu today includes burritos, tacos and most other Mexican staples. I am a purist when it comes to Rubio's. Fish tacos and nothing else. Rubio's uses a beer batter to coat the fish. The taco is served on a corn tortilla that is the perfect thickness so it does not break when you eat it. The white sauce and cabbage make it the fish taco of my youth. They have added a salsa bar now where you can get four different salsas with four different heat levels. The bar also includes jalepenos, hot carrots and cilantro and onion garnish that is great on the tacos. I love the hot red sauce. It is what takes the taco to another level. This is a good fish taco and always consistent.
Click link below to view updated post on Rubio's Fish Taco;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback