NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

UMEKE MARKET AND DELI - KAHALA

UMEKE MARKET AND DELI
KAHALA, HAWAII

Had to get some tests done at a lab in Kahala so we went next door to the Umeke Market and Deli.  Umeke is a health food store and deli that carries an interesting array of health conscious products.  I walked around the entire store and could not find anything that I would buy.  The Deli had an interesting array of health foods.  I ordered the BLTA ($6.95).  This is a Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Avocado Sandwich.  The place was empty but it took forever for the sandwich to get to our table.  I liked the bread, but the sandwich was a bit bland.  I could not figure out if they use real bacon or a substitute.  It was dry and very flat.  I ate half and threw in the towel.  This was amazing because I was hungry because I had to fast for 12 hours before my test.  Sandwich was served with some nice chips but don't think I would order this again for  $7.

BACON, LETTUCE, TOMATO AND AVOCADO SANDWICH

SMALL DINING AREA INSIDE HEALTH FOOD STORE

PRETTY BLAND AND BASIC
THE COMPANY MADE THE MEAL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback