NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, July 12, 2020

PITA PIT

PITA PIT
SAFEWAY SHOPPING CENTER
870 KAPAHULU AVE
HONOLULU HI 96816
808-735-3535
HOURS:  Daily 11AM - 8PM

Gave Pita Pit on Kapahulu Avenue a try with the family.  Overall reaction from all three of us was staff was not friendly and the food was not satisfying.  We had never heard or eaten at a Pita Pit before so when we walked in we did not know what to expect.  At first glance you would think you just order the sandwich and that's it.  We were not greeted when we walked in.  Just blank stares behind the masks from the two employees working.  We looked at the menu - stood there and still not a word.  My Daughter decided she wanted a Gyro Salad and ordered.  No response from the cashier.  I jumped in and ordered as did my Wife.  Still no words until the check came and he asked me to sign.  We took a seat and then I noticed a large prep station full of vegetables, dressings, condiments and spices.  We still were not told anything about the process and did not know that you can choose whatever you want to complete your sandwich or salad.  The gal behind the counter had a box in her hand and stared at my Daughter.  She did not explain anything or even ask what we wanted.  I told my Daughter that I think you choose whatever you want and build your own salad.  My Daughter then started requesting items like lettuce, carrots and cucumber.  There are a dozen or so dressings available but the gal did not ask if she wanted dressing or anything else.  Ok we figured this out but it would have been nice if the workers would have engaged us and explained the process.  I was getting a Gyro so I went with Romaine Lettuce, Onion and Cucumber.  I asked the gal if they had the sauce for it and she said "what Tkaziki Sauce" with an attitude.  I told her yes to the sauce.  We went outside to eat and all of us concluded that the gal working was not too friendly to say it nicely.  
I think a Pita shop should have the best Pita bread.  This place does not.  The meats for the Gyro and Philly Sandwiches were pretty bland but the vegetables were fresh.  

PITA PIT

PITA PIT ON KAPAHULU AVENUE
PITA PIT MENU
BUILD YOUR OWN PITA AND SALADS 
AFTER ORDERING AT COUNTER WE SAW THIS COUNTER FULL OF VEGETABLES 
PICK YOUR TOPPINGS JUST LIKE SUBWAY 
OUR GRUMPY SANDWICH MAKER
GYRO SALAD
GYRO SANDWICH
SUPER GREEK
PHILLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback