NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, September 17, 2022

LOW CARB DIET SUCCESS!

HOW I LOST 30 POUNDS

Over a year ago I saw the picture of me on the left.  At that moment I decided to do whatever it took to lose weight and get healthy.  I searched the internet and learned about how carbs and sugar turn to fat and how getting your body into ketosis burns fat.  I went with a 
7-Day Low Carb/Keto Diet and the fat began to melt away in a matter of weeks.  I could not maintain a Keto diet because I just could not consume that much fat and protein.  Instead I opted to do a low carb/low sugar lifestyle.  Just limited my carbs to under 50 per day and eliminated a lot of the snacking and sugary drinks.  It was tough at first but now it is pretty easy.  I go off the wagon all the time and enjoy Pasta, Burgers, Fried Food, Rice in moderation.  If I like a pasta dish like the Carbonara at Arancino at The Kahala, I will eat it all! I now buy low carb snacks and chocolate but occasionally eat normal sweets but only a few bites at a time.  I love Tacos and have found low carb flour and corn tortillas with all the texture and flavor of the high carb ones.  The low carb lifestyle is now part of my life and I love it.

I see my doctor every 90 days and on my chart there are words that prompt the doctor on my health history.  Two words at the top of the list were Hypertension and obesity.  For over ten years, I have looked at that frickin chart and seen the word "obesity".  Every nurse and doctor that read my chart see that first.  Well this week my doctor looked at me, did some tests and said I look better than he has ever seen me.  Said I looked younger and now have a waist.  Then he took the folder and crossed off "obesity" and shook my hand.  To think just over a year ago I was pushing 200 pounds and wearing 34-36" pants and large to extra large shirts.  Now I am at 32-33" pants and small to medium shirts.  I actually gave away all of my large and extra large shirts so I could not go back to wearing them.  Over the past few months I have received more compliments on my looks than ever before in my life.  I now remember that nobody ever said I looked good when I was plumper.  It is not about the looks but I just feel better when I throw on a size small or slim cut shirt and see that my belly no longer hangs over my belt.  When I look around at men my age, it seems most have a large round belly.  I look at that and say to myself "never again" for me.  Hopefully I can maintain this lifestyle and continue to lose or maintain weight.  I truly wish that anyone who wants to lose weight realizes the simple fact that carbs and sugar turn to fat.  
Click link below to learn how it all started.

LOW CARB DIET SUCCESS

2 comments:

Please leave your comments and feedback