NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

PA'INA CAFE

PA'INA CAFE
WARD WAREHOUSE
1050 ALA MOANA BLVD
HONOLULU, HI  96814
808-356-2829
HOURS:  Monday thru Saturday 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
                 Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

After my first visit to Pa'ina Cafe several years ago I vowed never to return.  Hated the place and have managed to stay away for a long time.  When my Daughter begged me for a Poke Bowl and insisted that we go to Pa'ina Cafe I gave in and we went back to the place that gives me mayonnaise nightmares (see older blog post below).  I remember not liking the place because it seemed a bit dirty and when we entered this time I felt the same way.  As we stood in line my only thought was how fast could we get out of this place.  The place was hot and to me uncomfortable.  My girls ordered Small Poke Bowls ($7.25) and added Furikake (.50).  The Bowls come with White or Brown Rice.  They said the Poke did not taste fresh and was not a high quality.  Some of the fish was brown and both of them said they did not care for the flavor.  Said that Poke from Foodland was ten times better.  I went for the Italiano Sandwich ($7.95) which on my first visit was drenched in mayonnaise.  This time I specifically requested no mayo.  The sandwich was not bad and the the bread was light and fresh.  Not a bad sandwich this time.  I think it is safe to say that we will never return to Pa'ina Cafe.  I know I will not.
Click link below to view my 2012 post on Pa'ina Cafe;

PA'INA CAFE

PA'INA CAFE AT WARD WAREHOUSE
ORDER AND RECEIVE FOOD AT THE COUNTER
WASABI MASAGO AHI POKE BOWL WITH FURIKAKE
AHI POKE BOWL WITH FURIKAKE
ITALIAN SANDWICH
BREAD WAS FRESH AND THE TASTE WAS NOT BAD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback