NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

CALIENTE DEL SOL MEXICAN CUISINE - HONOLULU, HAWAII


CALIENTE DEL SOL
INSPIRED MEXICAN CUISINE
HONOLULU, HAWAII

I visited Caliente Del Sol when it first opened in the Safeway Center on Kapahulu. After the first visit I vowed not to return. A year later we decided to give it another try during our shopping day at Safeway. The service was the same as I remember. A bit disorganized and confused. You order at a counter and then wait for them to call your name. The menu is very limited. There are tacos, burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas and a taco salad. That is it. Makes it easy to order. I tried a shredded beef taco and shredded chicken taco with black beans and rice. First off the beans were not fully cooked and so bland that I could not eat them. The rice was undercooked too and had no taste. On to the tacos. The beef and chicken were actually pretty good. I had them with hard shells. The meats had good flavor. Ask for the red salsa they put on the burritos and throw this on the tacos. Adds some flavor. I took a few bites of a beef burrito. The burrito is stuffed with the same meat as the tacos and then filled with the tasteless and undercooked rice and beans. I would go back for the tacos only. Hard to believe this place has stayed in business.
UPDATE: 3/10 - This place went out of business. Look what I wrote above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback