NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

OAHU COUNTRY CLUB

OAHU COUNTRY CLUB
HONOLULU, HI

It is nice to have rich friends with fancy country club memberships. Since I am not a member, my money is no good at this place. This means everything is free for me. Kind of like Obamaland where someone else picks up the tab. The Oahu Country Club is set in a beautiful valley surrounded by spectacular mountains and a view to the ocean. We enjoyed a great lunch in one of the three dining areas. There is a terrace restaurant with great views, a fine dining restaurant and a lunch/pupu place that is kind of dated but comfortable. My friends opted for the Oxtail Soup which was more like a stew. Looked and tasted delicious. I tried a cup of the Portuguese Bean Soup. It was filled with flavor and delicious. I then had a steak sandwich with some cole slaw. The sandwich was big and tasty. Served with grilled onions, tomato and lettuce on a fresh bun. Splits of champagne were served for free too. After lunch, we exited to a table overlooking one of the golf holes. As the cigars were lit, the beers began to flow and a pizza appeared. Free pizza too. This is heaven. We had half pepperoni and half tomato and basil. While a bit greasy, the pizza was pretty good. I had to hit the restroom and found that the club has everything available for members. I even got a toothbrush and toothpaste and brushed up before leaving. This is a nice place to visit with friends that are members. I can't wait to return to this great place where my money is no good. Next time I will go to the Golf Shop and pick up a nice Tommy Bahama shirt. On the house of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback