NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

PREGO - THE WESTIN GUAM RESORT


PREGO
THE WESTIN GUAM RESORT
TUMON BAY, GUAM 


I rarely eat at the same restaurant twice while traveling.  Guam however was a different story.  After being out seeing customers in the 89 Degree heat and humidity, I just wanted to have quiet dinner and hit the sack so I could be ready and fresh the next day.  I remembered from another trip to the Westin Guam that they had good Italian restaurant on the fourth floor.  After an eight hour flight I was hungry and decided to grab a bite to eat before I retired.  I enjoyed a nice plate of Spaghetti with Meat Sauce.  The pasta was perfectly cooked and the sauce was light and delicious.  I returned several times during the week to enjoy the Linguine and Clams, Salad, Fresh Pappardelle with Lobster, Ahi with Avocado and a perfectly cooked filet served with a small side of spaghetti.  All were simply delicious.  The Linguine and Clams had a very light sauce.  The clams were very small but I enjoyed the flavor of this dish.  The Ahi and Avocado was the bomb.  Fresh Ahi Tuna served with avocado and a balsamic vinegar glaze.  The Pappardelle with Lobster was fantastic.  Home made spinach pasta served with nice chunks of lobster in a sauce that reminded me of a chinese dish.  Could eat this every week.  Loved it.  My last night in the hotel, I asked the waitress if I could get a small steak served with a side of pasta.  Since this was not on the menu she politely asked if she could check with the chef.  A minute later she was back to tell me that it would be fine.  The steak was cooked perfectly medium rare as requested.  This was a good steak for Asia or any where else.  Served with the perfectly cooked pasta bolognese that I enjoyed earlier in the week.  Just a fantastic meal.  Prego serves fresh and hot bread with the meal.  It comes with a side of marinara sauce.  Really good bread.  The service was excellent and the view is terrific.  I highly recommend Prego.  This is a place where you can dress up or show up in shorts and a t-shirt.  Just casual and relaxing with no attitudes.

PREGO

CASUAL AND RELAXING
TUMON BAY VIEWS FROM PATIO AND RESTAURANT
DELICIOUS AND HUGE SALAD - ENOUGH FOR TWO
SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE (WITH MEAT SAUCE)
LINGUINE WITH CLAMS
AHI TUNA WITH GUACAMOLE AND BALSAMIC
HOME MADE PAPPADELLE WITH LOBSTER
FILET WITH PASTA AND VEGETABLES

BACK AGAIN FOR ANOTHER VISIT - FEB 20

FRESH BREAD WITH MARINARA SAUCE IN PLACE OF BUTTER

ANTIPASTO PLATTER - SHRIMP, FRESH AHI TUNA,
ROASTED VEGETABLES AND 

AHI TUNA WITH AVOCADO

PASTA BOLOGNESE

FRESH PASTA WITH CRAB
  

1 comment:

  1. Good job with taking these photos. I don't think those food would have lasted long enough in my presence to snap these pictures especially the two pasta dishes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and feedback