NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

AMERICAN AIRLINES 767 - FIRST CLASS

DO NOT KNOW THIS LADY.  JUST PICKED THE PHOTO
OFF OF THE INTERNET TO SHOW SEATING
AMERICAN AIRLINES 767
FIRST CLASS SERVICE


I was at the American Kiosk checking into my Coach seat.  A prompt came on the screen asking if I wanted to upgrade to First Class for 45,000 miles.  Sure I thought.  This was an 8 hour flight.  I punched in "yes" and was told that no more First Class seats were available, but I could be on a stand by list.  I clicked yes again to stand by not thinking I would get the upgrade.  With just two minutes prior to boarding, my name was the last called to the podium.  The attendant happily informed me that I was the last person upgraded on this flight.  45,000 miles gone.  The seating was terrific.  Chairs reclined to almost a bed like setting.  There was a bit of dialog between the lady in front of me and the flight attendants.  Seemed the guy next to her and right in front of me had a very bad body odor.  I mean horrendous.  If the air blew towards me I got a smell and almost went for the little white bag in front of me.  This guy had the worst body odor I have ever smelled in my life.  Everyone around him was talking about it.  As he slept, the flight attendant sprayed a disinfectant or something around him.  When he got up to go to the bathroom, the flight attendant quickly went to his seat, held her nose and sprayed his seat again.  How the lady sitting next to him lived through this I do not know.  If I were next to him, I would have asked to move back to an empty coach seat.  I kid you not.  It was that bad.  The food was bad too.  I had a salad of those bitter greens that every restaurant is serving these days.  Just give me regular Lettuce or Romaine and I am happy.  The Ginger Dressing was good.  The meal was prepared by Chef Sam Choy of Honolulu.  I like Sam Choy's restaurant, but would never eat the Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken they served on the plane.  This was a big chicken breast coated in bland bread crumbs with chucks of Mac Nuts.  Had no flavor at all.  There was a sauce on the side but it too was terrible.  The spinach laying beneath the chicken was bland and unseasoned.  Yuck.  The star of the dish was the mashed potatoes.  These were actually good.  I at the potatoes, two pieces of bread and left the chicken and spinach on the plate.  Thank goodness the Flight Attendant had a nice pouring arm for the Merlot.

NO PERSONAL MEDIA OR DISPLAY AT SEAT
LARGE SALAD WITH GINGER DRESSING
LOTS OF LEG ROOM
MACADAMIA NUT CRUSTED CHICKEN BREAST WITH
MASHED POTATOES AND SPINACH.  YUCK.....






2 comments:

  1. Just pure laziness in AA's part not to give one an "international" biz class experience in first to Hawaii. No individual entertainment systems--come on man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say your analysis was quite extensive. Even had photo documentation. I am impressed. I have flown AA First Class repeatedly, I cringe at the thought of the 8 hour flight in coach, with no food, and especially the overnight return with arrival at DFW at 5am.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and feedback