NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

LE GUIGNOL FRENCH RESTAURANT























LE GUIGNOL FRENCH RESTAURANT
HONOLULU, HI

I have lived in Hawaii for around 20 years. During this time, I have always wanted to visit
Le Guignol. There is not much advertising or press for this place. In fact, you really never hear about it. I remember hearing about it several times when they changed ownership. Why I never dined here is a mystery. Well last week I was with a business associate and we needed to find a quick lunch. We drove right past Le Guignol and saw lots of street parking. That was it. We ventured in at around 1:30 in the afternoon while most tables were requesting for their checks. The service was a bit slow because there was only one person on the floor. I was interested to see what the menu would reveal. For lunch there are selections of mostly crepes, salads and sandwiches. There also was a nice sounding Frois Gras dish that one day I will try.
I opted for the Beef Sandwich with Gruyere Cheese and Horseradish served with a light salad for around $8. My guest enjoyed a sandwich that was chicken for about the same price. Don't remember what was in his sandwich but he said that it was fantastic. My sandwich was perfect. Great meat flavor, the cheese and a nice bite of horseradish to finish the taste. Served on a perfect piece of french bread. The waiter recovered from the slam and took good care of our table and expedited our check so we could get out on a timely basis. I can't wait to return here for another lunch or better yet dinner. You can bring your own wine too.

HONOLULU, HI


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback