NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Friday, December 24, 2010

SAIGON VIETNAMESE RESTAURANT

SAIGON VIETNAMESE RESTAURANT
DOWNTOWN HONOLULU, HI

The Holidays afforded me the rare opportunity to share a week day lunch with my best friend Keli.  "What do you want for lunch" I asked her.  "Pho" was her answer.  When it comes to Pho, our first choice is Saigon in Chinatown.  This small family owned restaurant serves up the best Pho in town.  I don't even get a menu anymore here.  As soon as I walk in the door, the owner knows to bring me an order of Spring Rolls and bowl of Pho.  They make mine special with more meat and less noodles.  I never asked for this, but the gracious owner noticed my eating habits and adapted the Pho just for me.  Now that is service.  When I take Keli, they make her a small bowl and put beef balls in hers along with the rare steak.  She tops her soup with lots of fresh bean sprouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback