NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

HY'S STEAK HOUSE

HY'S STEAK HOUSE
WAIKIKI PARK HEIGHTS
2440 KUHIO AVE
HONOLULU, HI 96815
808-922-5555
HOURS:  Daily 4PM - 8:30PM / Friday, Saturday and Sunday 4PM - 9PM

What can I say about Hy's Steak House.  This place is an institution and always delivers on ambiance, service and great food.  Definitely a place to try when wanting a good steak in Waikiki.  I love the fact that this place takes you into another world that could be New York, San Francisco or Atlanta.  The dark wood,  old school bar and upscale atmosphere definitely is different for Waikiki.  What I like is that you can dress up here or come as you are.  Just be comfortable and you will enjoy your dinner here.  The restaurant has a different feel with COVID.  There are temperature checks and the tables are spaced apart for social distancing.  I actually like this because you don't have people right next to you that can listen to your conversation and vice versa.  I hate being so close to another table that you literally are part of their dinner.  I began the evening with a delightful glass of Frank Cabernet.  Smooth and delicious.  Next up was a Caesar Salad that they prepare table side.  It is a nice show but the salad itself steals the show.  Probably the best Caesar Salad in Hawaii if you ask me.  Loved it.  I enjoyed a Filet Mignon with Vegetables.  The steak was cooked to perfection and delicious but lacked any seasoning.  A little salt and pepper would have been nice.  I am eating low carb so I passed on a starch.  For dessert I requested Berries and Mascarpone which is not on the menu.  The waiter said he would check to see if they could do it and they did.  I am telling you this dessert was perfect and delicious.  For me this was a perfect steak dinner.  Nice salad, small steak and light dessert.  Oh yeah and a couple glasses of vino!

BEEF WELLINGTON

APPETIZERS AND SALADS

STEAKS AND CLASSICS

FISH, SEAFOOD AND ACCOMPANIMENTS

CHEESE BREAD

CAESAR SALAD

CRAB CAKES

FILET MIGNON

PORTERHOUSE STEAK


CHOCOLATE COCONUT BAR

FRESH BERRIES WITH MARSCAPONE

 

1 comment:

Please leave your comments and feedback