NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Thursday, August 12, 2021

CHART HOUSE WAIKIKI

CHART HOUSE WAIKIKI
ILIKAI MARINA CONDOS
1765 ALA MOANA BLVD
HONOLULU, HI 96815
808-941-6669
HOURS: Daily 2PM - 12PM / Happy Hour 2-5:30

The Chart House Waikiki is an institution that has been serving up great steaks for over 50 years.  Walking in the place is a blast from the past with captain chairs, wood paneling, soiled carpeting and cork ceiling.  Its almost an old Tiki Bar but it is not.  Looking around I thought that they should never change the place as it takes you back to the way Waikiki was years ago.
The menu here is large and includes something for everyone.  We started with the Seared Black and Blue Ahi, Steamed Clams and Calamari for appetizers.  Seared Ahi was pretty standard.  The Clams were basic and I thought the broth needed more flavor.  Not the kind you want to sop up with bread and finish it all.  The Calamari was good.  I went for the Bison Tenderloin which is served with an overwhelming sweet sauce that totally takes over the flavor of the meat.  I think they marinade the meat too which eliminates any flavor of the meat.  The Bison was cooked to rare.  I requested medium rare.  Part of it was almost raw.  I would never order the Bison again because of the overpowering sauce.  My Wife enjoyed the Prime Rib Eye Steak but said she would have preferred a Ruth's Chris filet.  Our friend loved the Prime Rib and my Daughters Garlic Steak was pretty delicious.  The star of the dinner was the Mud Pie which was AWESOME.  I went off my low carb diet to make sure none of it was wasted.
The food is good here but not our favorite for the price. 

BISON TENDERLOIN

CHART HOUSE WAIKIKI MENU



BLACK AND BLUE AHI

STEAMED CLAMS

CALAMARI

JOEY'S ARUGULA SALAD

GARLIC STEAK

PRIME RIB EYE STEAK

PRIME RIB

MUD PIE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback