NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, August 22, 2021

JOSE'S MEXICAN CAFE AND CANTINA

JOSE'S MEXICAN CAFE AND CANTINA
1134 KOKO HEAD AVENUE
HONOLULU, HI. 96816
808-732-1833
HOURS:  Monday thru Thursday 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
                 Friday and Saturday 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM / Sunday 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM

One of my best buddies for over 30 years is battling some pretty aggressive cancer.  Celebrated his birthday at Jose's Mexican Cafe.  The owner Fred joined us and told a few stories about his 56 year old restaurant.  He started it when he was 26 after being in the military with his two brothers and it is still going strong today.  Going low carb here is tough but I did it.  I only ate a few Tortilla Chips with Salsa.  In the past, I would devour at least 2 or 3 bowls myself.  For my entree I went with the Shredded Beef Burrito.  I cut it open and only ate the meat.  Did not touch the Tortilla, Rice or Beans.  My Wife went with the Taco Salad and did not eat the Tortilla bowl.  Actually loved the food this way.  

SHREDDED BEEF BURRITO WITH RICE AND BEANS

TACO SALAD

FRED THE OWNER IN GREEN.  MAD DOG NEXT TO ME

ME AND THE DOG

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback