NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Friday, May 8, 2020

JOE'S NEW YORK PIZZA VIA GOLDBELLY

JOE'S PIZZA
DINNER AT HOME

Craving some good pizza so I checked out Goldbelly which ships iconic foods from all over the country directly to your home.  I wanted some New York Style Pizza and Joe's looked pretty good.
It took about two weeks to arrive and I was so excited when the UPS truck arrived with my big white box filled with Pizza and dry ice.  The pizza was packaged nicely and it took me about two minutes to get the oven pre-heated so I could try this stuff.  The excited built as the oven temperature hit 425 degrees.  I placed the pizza directly on the oven rack and cooked for exactly 14 minutes.  The pizza was bubbling and looked so delicious.  I removed it from the oven and cut it with a pizza cutter.
More excitement as I took my first bite of authentic New York Pizza.  The pizza was thin and crispy the way I like it.  The charred outer crust reminded me of being in NYC and enjoying my favorite pizza at Lombardi's.  Then the bite and first taste.  I took a second bite and then a third.  It wasn't that good.  I was so disappointed.  I finished one slice and went for a second thinking it would get better.  Nope.  Basic pretty bland pizza that my Wife said taste like a frozen pizza from the grocery store.  My Wife an Daughter did not like it either.  They laughed at me for buying and shipping it from New York.  With half the pizza left we all stopped eating it.  I finished my wine and forgot about this but we still have one more Joe's Pizza in the freezer.

JOE'S PIZZA FROM GREENWICH VILLAGE, NYC
SHIPPED TO HAWAII BY GOLDBELLY
NICELY PACKED IN DRY ICE
CAME WITH COUPON AND STICKERS
THERE IT IS - NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA
TWO PIZZAS IN THE BOX
JOE'S PIZZA COOKING INSTRUCTIONS 
BAKED AT 425 DEGREES FOR 14 MINUTES
JOE'S PIZZA RIGHT OUT OF THE OVEN
PIZZA AND WINE
MY FIRST BITE OF JOE'S PIZZA FROM NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback