NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Monday, April 5, 2021

JOLENE'S MARKET - BIRRIA TACOS

JOLENE'S MARKET
CHINATOWN CULTURAL PLAZA
100 N. BERETANIA ST #105
HONOLULU, HI 96817
808-540-1000
HOURS:  Daily 10AM -8PM

OK my third visit to Jolene's Market and the third time being overpowered by a single spice.
Don't know what it is but it surely is not my favorite.  I think the Birria Tacos ($15) are made with their same Smoked Brisket which I had last week and said the same thing about the spice.  These are pretty good Birria Tacos though.  Did not see or taste any cheese which was different from most Birria Tacos I have had lately.  The dipping sauce was super oily but had a nice flavor and spicy finish.  Liked the way the tortillas were cooked.  A bit crispy.  I would eat these again and again if it were not for that one overpowering spice.  Gotta find out what it is. One bite and my Wife will know.  I'll bring some home for her next time.
Click links below to view previous posts on Jolene's Market;

BIRRIA TACOS

MADE WITH BEEF BRISKET

DID NOT PICK UP ANY CHEESE IN THESE TACOS

DIP EM

ENJOY EM

 

1 comment:

Please leave your comments and feedback