NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, July 2, 2023

MARUKAME UDON

MARUKAME UDON
2310 KUHIO AVE
HONOLULU, HI
808-931-6000

Finally got to try the restaurant in Waikiki with the longest lines 7 days a week.  People line up for this place at all hours and there is rarely never a line waiting to get in.  On this day we saw only a few people in line so we went for it and got in line.  As we entered I was happy to see that the line flows with incredible precision.  Grab your tray - order - get your Udon and Tempura - pay and find a seat.  The drinks, condiments and even the to go containers are all self service.  I ordered the Nikutama Udon and the man asked if I wanted Hot or Cold.  Hot I said.  My Daughter ordered the Kitsune and we added some Tempura before we hit the cashier.  My Udon included Sweet Beef, Soft Boiled Egg and as Signature Sauce.  The Udon broth was Luke warm and I wished it was hotter.  The flavor was sweet.  At first I thought it was too sweet and didn't really like it.  My Daughter told me to add lots of the Chili Flakes and mix it up more thoroughly.  I did this and the flavor was better.  The Shrimp Tempura is mostly batter with a small thin Shrimp inside.  The Squid Tempura was meaty with a light Squid flavor.  I can see why people line up for this place.  Good food, decent portions at a fair price.

MARUKAME UDON

ALWAYS A LINE AND USUALLY MUCH LONGER

MARUKAME UDON ON KUHIO AVENUE

MARUGAME UDON MENU

HOUSE MADE NOODLES

EFFICIENT ORDERING SYSTEM


ORDER YOUR UDON HOT OR COLD

GRAB SOME TEMPURA


MUSUBI TOO

DINING ROOM 

BE PATIENT, TABLES WILL OPEN UP 

KITSUNE UDON WITH TEMPURA


KITSUNE UDON

SHRIMP TEMPURA AND POTATO CROQUET

NIKUTAMA UDON WITH TEMPURA

NIKUTAMA UDON

SHRIMP AND SQUID TEMPURA

MOSTLY BREADING WITH A BIT OF SHRIMP

TEMPURA SAUCE, KATSU SAUCE AND CHILI PEPPERS

UDON IN WAIKIKI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback