NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, September 21, 2024

PLUMERIA BEACH HOUSE

Driving home from work on a Friday afternoon which is usually very happy because I am on the way to hang out with our dog.  Nowadays, there is no dog to come home to which breaks my heart.  Many tears are shed on the drive.  Decided to get off the freeway and head to Jersey Mikes to grab an Italian Sandwich.  While at the light I was crying and thinking about going home to the empty house.  Decided to take a left and head to The Kahala Hotel for lunch.  Wanted to sit at my happy place and just contemplate life and remember our dog who loved The Kahala.  She would sit under our table when we ate at the Plumeria Beach House or on the Veranda. I like the bar at Plumeria Beach House so I often order there and then sit at the tables outside.  My fave table has a great view of the pool and beach.  On this day I settled in with a glass of wine and just took in the view, breeze and serenity of The Kahala.  Ordered the Beach House Salad with Crab and Shrimp and was in heaven.  I ate slow and just took it all in while remembering how much our dog loved roaming the grounds here.  She would walk along the beach with us and then take time to smell every inch of the hedges and grass.  I was alone on this day but oh so happy and content.  Really no other place I would rather be.  My salad was disappearing and I was still hungry.  I asked the bartender if they could do a plate of Sashimi.  At first he said no, but then he said he would check with the kitchen as Sashimi is not on the menu.  He returned with a smile and said they would be happy to serve me Sashimi.  Sashimi arrived and again it was a heavenly moment.  I wanted to stay here into the night but my Wife didn't want to come down because of her memories of being with our dog here.  She said she would just cry being the entire time.  This was so calming and I savored every bit of the Sashimi and moment with my thoughts.  Really thinking that I should make this an every Friday thing and just might do it.
Click links below to view previous posts on Plumeria Beach House; 

BEACH HOUSE SALAD

HAPPY ALOHA FRIDAY FROM PARADISE

SASHIMI WITH A VIEW


CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH I MISS OUR DOG SUNNY

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback