NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, July 12, 2008

LOW FAT DIET - IT WORK'S!

LOW FAT = LOOSE POUNDS

The low fat diet continues to work.  I have shed almost 10 pounds now.  My clothes feel better and looser and I feel great.  The low fat life is not too difficult.  They key is to eat breakfast to get your metabolism going in the morning.  I have a bowl of Special K cereal and small glass of V8 Juice to start my day.  On weekends I may enjoy a egg burrito using Egg Beaters (Zero fat) and a whole wheat tortilla.  The Egg Beaters are the Southwestern style and they are delicious.  Top with some fat free salsa and you have a great dish.  I use a lot of salsas for flavor.  Discovered a great dish by accident using a green chili salsa made by Safeway.  I made a salad using red onion, green and red bell peppers, garbanzo beans and cilantro.  I then poured the green salsa into it and mixed.  It was delicious.  I enjoy this salsa with low fat tortilla chips.  We eat more fish and veggies.  Also have turkey hot dogs that are only 1 gram of fat per dog.  This totally satisfies my cravings for hot dogs and is very low fat.  When I get hungry for a burger we opt for the Boca Veggie Burgers or turkey burgers with fat free cheese.  I also have Bison (Buffalo) burgers, hot dogs and steaks.  Bison has less fat and calories than beef, chicken and fish.  It is a bit expensive but allows you to have the dogs, burgers and steaks and still keep the fat down.  Our tacos are now made with ground turkey and topped with low fat cheese.  We bake our taco and tostada shells in the oven to reduce fat.  When eating out I opt for fresh fish and veggies.  I have no craving for fried food right now.  I have replaced chips, cookies and candy for snacking with fresh fruit.  I have been out to several restaurants this past week with clients.  I have not had too much of a problem finding low fat meals.  It just takes a little time to go through the menu.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback