NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

LOW FAT BURGER ALTERNATIVE


BISON,  TURKEY AND BOCA BURGERS



Who doesn't crave a big fat burger on a warm summer or winter day.  I sure do.  When the burger urge comes I now turn to Bison, Turkey and Boca Burgers.  The Bison (Buffalo) burgers are the best but have the highest fat content at 15 grams.  Add the bun at 4 grams and you are over the 15 grams of fat limit but what the heck.  The bison burgers we buy are a full 1/3 pound of meat.  I can be satisfied by only eating half.  These burgers are great.  To lower the fat content I also use ground turkey which has about 5 grams of fat per burger.  Add the bun at 4 grams and you have a burger under 10 grams of fat.  If you really want to be low fat use the Boca Burgers.  These meatless burgers are made with vegetables and only have 1 gram of fat per patty.  Add the bun and you have a burger that is only 5 grams of fat.  I load my burgers with relish, ketchup, mustard, onions, lettuce and tomato.  All which are no fat.  Last night we enjoyed the Bison burgers and they were delicious.  Eating only half of the burger was satisfying but I went ahead and finished the second half too.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback