NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

LOW FAT TURKEY HOT DOG


LOW FAT HOT DOGS


Me and my daughter love hot dogs.  In the past it was a treat to enjoy a hot dog during our weekend trips to Costco.  But at over 40 grams of fat, the Costco dogs are not on my diet.  I searched several supermarkets for low fat hot dogs.  You really need to read the labels closely.  Some so called reduced or low fat dogs are still very high in fat content.  I decided to try turkey dogs because they are low fat.  Beware.  Not all turkey dogs are low...low fat.  Just because the label says turkey dog does not mean you are getting the lowest fat dog.  You need to get the Oscar Mayer 98% fat free dogs.  These dogs have only 1 gram of fat!  Add the bun with 3 grams of fat and you have a hot dog with only 4 grams of fat.  Compare this to the 35 gram of fat Costco dog.  I load my turkey dog with mustard, relish and onions and get the satisfaction of eating a hot dog.  Note:  When you order the chicken caesar salad at Costco beware.  The salad has 45 grams of fat.



















1 comment:

Please leave your comments and feedback