NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

KINCAID'S FISH, CHOP & STEAKHOUSE


KINCAID'S FISH CHOP AND STEAKHOUSE
HONOLULU, HAWAII

I have always like Kincaid's and was curious how I would do there now that I am on a low fat diet. The clam chowder, pea salad, bacon wrapped kobe meatloaf, BBQ tuna club, crab cakes and baby back ribs were all things I cannot order. After I studied the menu it came down to the fresh fish selections. The lunch menu had fresh Ahi Tuna, Opakapaka and Mahi Mahi served with a variety of creme sauces. I opted for the Ahi Tuna with horseradish crust. I told the server that I did not want the sauce or mashed potatoes that came with the entree. Just the fish and vegetables. The meal was delicious even though the vegetables were a little too greasy. The Ahi was cooked perfectly and the horseradish crust gave it some flavor. My only problem with the dish was the price. It was $21 for lunch. Other fresh fish items ranged from $19 to $22. When you consider this does not include a salad or anything else it is just too expensive. We had a table with a nice view of the harbor, good service and good food. It was only the price that would keep me from coming back again for lunch. You can order other entree's that range from $10 for Crispy Fish Tacos to $17 for the crab cakes. If you add a salad or dessert, you can easily spend $35 for lunch here. Kincaid's has a great happy hour from 4-7. You can get drink specials and half price appetizers during happy hour. This is a good deal for the food.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback