NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

WOLFGANG'S STEAKHOUSE

WOLFGANG'S STEAKHOUSE
ROYAL HAWAIIAN SHOPPING CENTER
2301 KALAKAUA AVE
HONOLULU, HI 96815
808-922-3600
HOURS:  Monday thru Thursday/Sunday 11AM - 11PM / Friday and Saturday 11AM - 11:30PM

We were in Waikiki on the weekend working on our vacation rental.  An old friend lives in the same building so we decided to have lunch.  Since the condo is just a block from Kuhio Avenue and two blocks from Kalakaua we decided to walk around and find a place to eat.  To our surprise, many restaurants were closed and the ones that were open had long waits.  A stroll through the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center led us to Wolfgang's where we found plenty of tables both inside and outside.  The staff was friendly and set up a table outside on the walkway for us.  The waiter asked if we wanted Potato Chips and Bread.  I didn't want any because of my low carb diet but I wanted to try a Potato Chip.  The Bread and Chips arrived and I really did eat just one.  It was amazing.  Freshly cooked, warm and salted Potato Chips that are perfect.  I could have eaten the entire plate.  We were trying to choose an appetizer and I asked about the Crab Cakes. The waiter said they were very small and held his hands together to make a small circle.  Ok I said we will take two of them if they are that tiny.  Little did I know that the Crab Cakes were $29 each.  When they arrived we found them to be huge.  One would have been enough for our table of three.  I didn't complain because they were delicious.  All crab and nothing but crab.  Served with a large salad.  One Crab Cake with the Salad and a glass of wine would have been good enough for me.  This has to be one of the best Crab Cakes in Hawaii.  I will be back just for those.  The Wolfgang Salad ($9.95) was something I did not expect.  Chopped up Onions, Green Beans, Shrimp, Tomatoes and Bacon.  The dressing was so light that either they forgot to put it on the salad or did not put enough on to taste.  I should have asked for more dressing because the salad did not have much taste except for the Bacon.  For my entree I went for the Petite Filet ($36.95).  It was seasoned and cooked perfectly.  Loved it.  For my side I went for Mushrooms and Onions. They were delicious.  My Wife had the Lobster Mac n' Cheese as her side and loved it too.  This was a huge and expensive lunch but worth every penny as the quality, flavors and service were excellent.  I had not been to Wolfgang's for many years but now want to go back again.

WOLFGANG'S PETITE FILET A PERFECT MEDIUM RARE

WOLFGANG'S LUNCH MENU

SPECIALS



DINNER MENU

FRESH COOKED POTATO CHIPS AND BREADS

FANTASTIC CHIPS

CRAB CAKES (ORDER OF TWO)

CRAB CAKES ARE LARGE AND ALL CRAB

CRAB..CRAB...AND NOTHIN BUT CRAB!

WOLFGANG'S SALAD

PETITE FILET ARRIVED LOOKING PRETTY LONELY ON THE PLATE

GREAT TASTING STEAK

LOBSTER MAC N' CHEESE

MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS

LUNCH WITH MAD DOG - FRIENDS FOR 30 YEARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback