NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

VENISON TENDERLOIN

DINNER AT HOME

I love Venison and when we saw it at a local Farmers Market, I just had to buy some.
They had lots of cuts but I went for the Tenderloin.  Did some research on how to properly cook it and ended up using a recipe by Gordon Ramsey.  Marinated the Venison in Salt, Pepper and Olive Oil for a few hours.  Then seared all sides, basted in butter and placed in oven at high heat for 8 minutes. Results were a perfect medium rare.  I made a incredible Red Wine, Cherry and Chocolate Sauce that came out perfect.  Could not wait to sink my teeth into the Venison.  As I did, there was a slight smell.  Gamey?  No it smelled like shit.  I took one bite and it tasted like shit.  I mean shit.  Pooh.  Crap.  My Wife said no it is just gamey I bet.  She dug in and took a big bite.  "Oh my goodness" she said "it really does taste like pooh.  She spit it out and ran to brush her teeth. Neither one of us could take another bite.  It really did taste like shit.  I did some research and found this is common when Venison is not cleaned properly.  We were so disappointed.  The Venison was vacuumed sealed so we could not smell it prior to buying.  Don't know if MauiNui Venison is known for this but we did buy it at a Farmers Market out of a cooler.  

VENISON TENDERLOIN WITH RED WINE, CHERRY CHOCOLATE SAUCE

MAUINUI VENISON TENDERLOIN



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback