NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, October 24, 2021

PINEHURST #2


This was one of the most memorable and fun rounds of golf of my life.  Did I shoot a great score?  No, but I did birdie #2 and got a few pars including the 18th hole which was a dream of mine.  What made this round so special was my caddy.  Mr. Derrick Macrae.  I had Derrick as my caddy on this same course in 2018.  We had so much fun back then that I requested him for my round this year.  It was so nice to be reunited with what I think is the greatest caddy on the planet.  Derrick spent a lot of time on the course helping me with my swing.  He watched every swing and gave me direction on how to improve.  Hole by hole my game improved this round and my back nine was ten strokes less than the front nine.  Derrick took his time and showed me so many things that I was doing wrong.  I started to hit the ball like never before.  It seemed like a dream.  The entire time we were laughing and joking which made these lessons even more enjoyable.  On the 18th hole I flushed my drive to about 185 yards from the pin.  Derrick pulled out my club without hesitation.  It was a 7 wood that I hit well.  I hit the ball with what seemed such ease using what Derrick had taught me the holes before.  The ball flew off the club straight towards the green.  My history with #18 here is that the ball runs of the back of the green.  I could not see where the ball landed and in fact thought I saw it go off the back.  Derrick looked at me and handed me my putter.  "You're putting" he said.  "No way" I said to him, "it ran off the back".  Derrick shook his head and said "I gave you the putter, you're putting for birdie".  Holy shit I was on #18 in two!  Derrick lined me up and gave me the perfect line but I missed the putt and tapped in for par.
Click link below to view previous post on Pinehurst #2

PINEHURST #2

















18TH HOLE AND I WAS ON THE GREEN IN TWO

WORLD'S GREATEST CADDY

ME AND DERRICK 2018 AND 2021










HAWAII'S MICHELE WIE IMMORTALIZED AT PINEHURST






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback