NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Friday, October 1, 2021

YA YA'S CHOPHOUSE AND SEAFOOD

YA YA'S CHOPHOUSE AND SEAFOOD
508 KEAWE STREET
HONOLULU, HI 96813
808-725-4187
HOURS:  Daily 5PM - 10PM / Closed Tuesday

When a friend of mine that I had not seen in awhile said to meet him at Ya Ya's Chophouse and sit at the bar, I was happy because I had never dined here and wanted to check out the place.  I arrived at 5PM when they open and there was already people in line for Happy Hour.   The Hostess/Manager greeted me as I entered the door.  Even though she was wearing a mask I could tell she was smiling and happy.  She greeted me politely and went through the 
COVID-19 protocols that restaurants in Hawaii now have to do before you enter.
After showing my COVID-19 vaccination card and I.D. they had me fill out a contact tracing form which is uploaded via a QR code on your phone.  Once done you are in.  Turns out my Buddy is a regular here so he got a nice greeting and introduced me to the Manager.  We sat at the bar and started ordering.  I felt a little funny because I have not sat at a bar and ate in what seems like years now.  The Bartender was super friendly and attentive.  Great service all night.
Happy Hour wine is only $6 per glass and large ice cold beers are $5.  I ordered the Ahi Poke which is not on the Happy Hour menu.  It was delicious and had lots of onions which I love.
The Manager sent over some complimentary Mini Spicy Chicken Tacos which are not that mini at all.  Lots of seasoned Chicken piled high.  Delicious.  I told the Bartender that I wanted a Petite Filet medium rare and Foie Gras.  My buddy ordered a Caesar Salad and Scallops.
My steak was cooked to perfection and seasoned just right.  There was a small dish of Pepper Steak Sauce served with the steak.  First I thought who would want to put sauce over this beautiful steak.  Then I tried the Pepper Sauce and wow - it was frickin delicious.  It really went well with the steak but did not overpower the taste of the meat.  Really good steak AND sauce.  The Foie Gras was prepared perfectly and  delicious.  While I was eating and enjoying many glasses of wine I could only think about coming back here with my Wife.  I have not had a feeling like this at a restaurant since La Vie.  Cannot wait to return to Ya Ya's and try some more of their food

FILET AND FOIE GRAS

YA YA'S CHOPHOUSE AND SEAFOOD

A RARE DINNER AT THE BAR FOR ME

YA YA'S HAPPY HOUR MENU


YA YA'S CHOPHOUSE AND SEAFOOD MENU


AHI POKE

NOT SO MINI SPICY CHICKEN TACOS

CAESAR SALAD

SCALLOPS

GREAT DINNER AT YA YA'S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback