NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Monday, March 21, 2022

ORCHIDS AT THE HALEKALANI - LUNCH

ORCHIDS
HALEKULANI HOTEL
2199 KALIA ROAD
HONOLULU, HI 9 6815
808-923-2311

A business lunch with an old friend turned out to be an eight hour champagne fest that turned into dinner with my Wife and another friend.  Wow...what a day/night.  Started with lunch at the beautiful Orchids at the Halekulani Hotel.  This is one of my favorite spots on Oahu and it is sad that I have not been here since COVID hit.  Was nice to be back again enjoying a cool breeze and spectacular views.  I was not feeling any of the appetizers on the menu so I asked our waiter if they had Poke or Sashimi.  He said no and then I asked if he could get some from the House Without a Key restaurant next door.  Without hesitation he said let me see what I can do.  Minutes later he came back to the table and said he could have some Poke made.  The Poke arrived and it was fresh and super delicious.  This alone would have made a perfect lunch.  I ordered the Crab-Lobster Salad without the Crossaint to stay low carb.  Was a bit surprised when the dish arrived as it looked like tuna salad or something.  I dug in and kept saying out loud, "this is delicious".  Loved it.  The Dark Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bar with Salted Caramel Gelato hit the spot and was perfect with another glass of champagne.  The service was incredible with our waiter has his staff doing a great job to make sure our needs were met and that we were happy.  As the afternoon went on we decided that this was too nice to leave so we asked our waiter if we could stay for dinner.  He said he would check and came back to say that the restaurant was fully booked with 190 people for dinner.  I asked him if we could get a table at the House Without a Key and again he went to check.  No luck there either he said "fully booked".  My friend said "were not leaving" and then called her best friend to see if she could join us for dinner.  I called my Wife and asked her to join us too.  The waiter returned again to tell us we could stay and have dinner but we would have to give up our table by 7:00.  We agreed and settled in with more bubbles until our guests arrived for dinner.

ORCHIDS AT THE HALEKALANI

OUTDOOR OCEANVIEW SEATING

ORCHIDS LUNCH MENU

BREAD BASKET ALONG WITH SOME CONDIMENTS


POKE (NOT ON THE MENU SPECIAL REQUEST GRANTED)

CRAB-LOBSTER SALAD WITHOUT THE CROISSANT

DARK CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA NUT BAR

A LITTLE BUBBLY AT ORCHIDS

BEAUTIFUL DIAMOND HEAD AND OCEAN VIEWS



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback