NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, December 19, 2020

PRIME RIB AND LOBSTER HOLIDAY LUNCH WITH LIFE LESSON RANT

 LUNCH AT THE OFFICE

Blessed to enjoy a special Holiday lunch at the office with my incredible employees.  Prime Rib and Lobster from Olena by Chef Ron Simon.  The food was delivered and set up and they even provided the decorative baskets.  In addition to the main courses there was Popovers, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Banana Bread and Holo Holo.  Of course I could not enjoy the Popovers, Banana Bread or Mashed Potatoes because of my diet.  No prob.  I was content with the Prime Rib, Lobster and Brussels sprouts.  Lunch was followed by an extravaganza of gifts for all employees.  At a time like this I like to look back at where I came from and give thanks.  Never could imagine back in the dark days of my youth when I didn't have money to pay the electric bill and sat in the dark for weeks, lived on Cup O' Noodles and was being called constantly by credit card companies looking for payment that I did not have.  I remember praying each nigh and wishing for something to happen to help me.  It is when I realized that you cannot "wish" for things to change in life - you need to take action to change things.  I read a book by Anthony Robbins that explained that you need to get excited and passionate about things to have positive change.  I decided to get excited about paying off my debt which at the time seemed unsurmountable. Knowing that I could not pay the bills and debt with my current job, I decided to get two more jobs and commit myself to never getting a phone call from a bill collector ever again and always have the lights on. After my day job at a Pharmacy/Drug Store, I was a Janitor at night beginning at 10PM.  We cleaned three Racquet Ball/Gyms each night and I was paid in cash.  I hated the job and dreaded the Womans bathrooms each night where I would have to clean and throwaway things that come with the monthly woman thing.  I often feel asleep at times pushing the broom across racquet ball courts and probably every night thought about quitting.  I stay focused though and took all the money and paid off 100% of my debt.  Every week when I got paid, I got excited to send more money to my creditors.  I did not think about partying, swooning woman or going out with friends.  My focus was on one thing and only thing only.  Getting out of debt.  It took two years of this life but with my debts paid I quit two of my jobs and to this day, with the exception of a mortgage have never been in debt again.  I continued to work as hard as I can and be the best at whatever job I had. I was driven by never wanting to return to drinking powdered milk and being on what at the time were called food stamps.  The thought of getting those calls from credit card companies haunted me and drove me to always driving myself to do more and never settling for being poor.  Though I struggled financially for decades and did not have much, when opportunity presented itself for me to make more money I worked harder and smarter than anyone around me.  I was guided by the writings of Norman Vincent Peale, Robert Schuler, Zig Ziggler, Jim Rhon and many others.  I found that reading about success even though you were not living it gave you a foundation and mental building blocks to power through difficult times and pick me up when things were down.  Now when I pray I do not "wish" or ask for things.  I pray for guidance to develop a plan of action and for the ability to execute that plan with focus and commitment.  Sorry for this rant on a food blog but it just came over me while realizing how blessed I have been. 

HOLIDAY LUNCH FROM OLENA BY CHEF RON SIMON

OLENA PROVIDED THE BASKETS TOO

PRIME RIB AND LOBSTER FOR 30 

PRIME RIB, LOBSTER, MASHED POTATOES AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS

POPOVERS

BANANA BREAD

HOLO HOLO
 
GIFT EXTRAVAGANZA FOR ALL EMPLOYEES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback