NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, December 13, 2020

TEX 808 BBQ + BREWS

TEX 808 BBQ + BREWS
HAWAII KAI TOWNE CENTER
333 KAEAHOLE STREET
HONOLULU, HI 96825
808-395-2695

Making a visit to Costco in Hawaii Kai and my Daughter was saying "feed me" over and over again.  We came out of Costco and she said that Tex 800 BBQ was in the same Shopping Center.  Entered the restaurant to find a bit of normalcy with a guy sitting at the bar drinking a cold one, people dining at the tables and no signs of stacked chairs and unused tables.  So refreshing.  Staff greeted and sat us then provided normal menus.  No bar codes to scan.  How normal this felt.  Looking over the menu I was trying to think of ways to stick to my Keto diet.  Meat is ok but without a lot of sauce or sugar based rubs. For the sides, Cole Slaw and Salad were ok for me to order.  Pork Rinds or Chicarrones ($5.99) are Keto friendly and the ones here are good.  They were served piping hot and still crackling from the heat.  The Chipotle Aioli was a great dip for the Pork Rinds.  Just a little kick of heat.  I ordered the Ribs and Brisket Combo with two Sides ($20.99).  I went with Cole Slaw and Salad.  Both were really good and probably the best thing I ate here.  The Ribs were dry and seemed like that had been sitting a long while.  Not much flavor so I only ate two.  The Brisket was pretty flavorless too.  I added just a few drops of the Spicy BBQ Sauce which is made with a lot of sugar.  I was totally unimpressed with the BBQ here.  My Wife and Daughter had a Combo Plate with Smoked Sausage and Ribs along with Cole Slaw and Mac n' Cheese.  They also felt the Ribs were dry and said the Sausage tasted like store bought and not homemade.  They liked the Cole Slaw but thought the Mac n' Cheese was uneatable.  Said it was like paste.  They did not eat any after one bite.  This was a disappointment for sure.

TEX 808 BBQ COMBO PLATE

TEX 808 BBQ

NICE INTERIOR AND BAR

PLENTY OF TV'S TO WATCH YOUR FAVORITE GAMES

TEX 808 BBQ MENU

COCKTAILS AND DRINKS

THREE HOUSE MADE SAUCES

CHICARONNES

RIBS AND BRISKET COMBO WITH TWO SIDES

SUPER DRIED OUT RIBS AND TASTELESS BRISKET

EVERYONE LOVED THE COLE SLAW

I LIKED THE SALAD

RIBS AND SAUSAGE WITH PASTE LIKE MAC N' CHEESE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback