NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, May 2, 2021

RUTH'S CHRIS STEAK HOUSE - FIVE NIGHTS IN A WEEK

RUTH'S CHRIS STEAK HOUSE
WATERFRONT PLAZA
500 ALA MOANA, BLVD
HONOLULU, HI 96813
808-599-3860
HOURS: Monday thru Thursday 4:30PM - 9PM / Friday and Saturday 4PM - 10PM / Sunday 4-9PM

Eating at Ruth's Chris Steak House five nights in a week was a treat but not something I would like to do again.  Lets just say this was work related so I had to do it.  I still have two more meetings here in the coming weeks so my total will be seven dinners here in a three week period.  Night after night there were a few appetizers that were loved by everyone.  Number One would be the Seared Ahi.  Perfectly seared on the outside and raw in the middle.  Served with crisp and tangy pickled vegetables that I love.  The Crab Cakes were also a big hit as was the Barbecue Shrimp and Mushrooms Stuffed with Crabmeat.  French Fries are not on the menu but when someone requested them we got them.  The Calamari was also loved by all.
Cannot go wrong with any of the appetizers here.  During the week, I enjoyed the Caesar and Wedge Salads but then discovered the Seafood Gumbo and had that two times.  Loved the Gumbo and it was a nice change from salads.  I had the Petite Filet each night cooked medium rare.  The sizzling hot, butter smothered steak is one of the best in Hawaii if not THE BEST. Perfectly seasoned with Salt and Pepper and cooked to perfection with a nice pink middle.
This is probably the only steak (besides the one my Wife cooks) that I could eat night after night.  The 8oz portion is just perfect for me.  To change it up one night I ordered the Chilean Sea Bass and was not disappointed.  The Sea Bass was cooked perfectly and like the steaks - smothered in butter.  Really nice piece of fish for $49.  I like ordering from the Sizzling Prime Time Menu because you get a Salad, Entree, Side and Dessert for a set price.  You can upgrade to any Salad and Side not on the Prime Time Menu for an additional cost.  I found that I did not need the side dish and dessert and most of the sides during the week went uneaten or taken home.  The waiters are experts at upselling here and they do not steer you towards the Prime Time Menu so you have to request it.  Prices here are high but the quality is also high.  Service was very good and I would say the waiters are seasoned pro's.  I am not a big fan of the ambiance at this location.  A bit dark, old and tired.  I prefer the Waikiki location where you can sit outside and people watch while enjoying a great steak and glass of wine.  No complaints about my week at Ruth's Chris.  Lucky to be able to eat such good food with some great people.  UPDATE:  Went back again for what is now sixth time in two and a half weeks.

THE PERFECT PETITE FILET

RUTH'S CHRIS DOWNTOWN HONOLULU

RUTH'S CHRIS MENU





THE "GO TO" SIDES - CALAMARI, SEARED AHI, CRAB CAKES
AND STUFFED MUSHEROOMS

NOW SOME BARBECUE SHRIMP TOO

SEARED AHI

BARBECUE SHRIMP

CRAB CAKES

MUSHROOMS STUFFED WITH CRAB

FRENCH FRIES

WEDGE SALAD

SEAFOOD GUMBO

FOUR NIGHTS ENJOYING THE PETITE FILET

PETITE FILET AGAIN

PERFECTLY COOKED PETITE FILET

CHILEAN SEA BASS

BACK AGAIN FOR SIXTH NIGHT - GREAT LOW CARB DINNER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback