NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Monday, February 22, 2021

DOMO CAFE

DOMO CAFE
4346 WAIALAE AVE
HONOLULU, HI 96816
808-888-8860
HOURS:  Daily 10AM - 8PM

Domo Cafe just recently opened in Kahala so we decided to give it a try.  Entered to find what looked like a hard working family serving takeout only due to COVID.  Drives me nuts that small restaurants like this cannot have inside dining with social distancing.  Since I am eating low carb, I went for a Poke Salad rather than a Bowl with Rice.  The Ahi Poke comes standard and Spicy.  I asked the cashier if the Spicy version was made with Mayonnaise.  She said yes but then totally surprised me by saying they can do spicy without the mayo.  This is the first time ever in Hawaii I have seen this done so I ordered the Spicy Ahi Domo Salad ($11.95) with no mayo.  Absolutely loved the Poke Salad with crisp Romaine Lettuce and not the fufu Spring Mix.  Great tasting dressing too. My Wife enjoyed the Unagi with Ebi Bento ($12.95).  She was impressed with the quality and flavors plus really liked the Miso Soup too.  This was a great lunch and Domo Cafe will now be one of our "go to" spots for Poke and a little Sushi.  Cannot wait to return and support this local small business.

SPICY POKE (NO MAYO) SALAD

DOMO CAFE KAHALA

ORDER AT THE COUNTER FOR TAKEOUT







MY NEW FAVE POKE SALAD

UNAGI BENTO

MISO SOUP

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback