NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Monday, February 15, 2021

VALENTINES DAY DINNER - HOAKALEI COUNTRY CLUB

HOAKALEI COUNTRY CLUB
91-1620 KEONEULA BLVD
EWA BEACH, HI 96706
808-853-4343

My only complaint about Reflections Restaurant at Hoakalei Country Club is that it is a 45 minute drive from our house.  Otherwise I would be at Hoakalei several times a week.  This is the most beautiful golf course and clubhouse on Oahu and it just feels good to be there.  We did the day before Valentines Day dinner to avoid the crowds and it was perfect.  The staff was attentive and did their best to make sure our table was happy throughout the meal.  The Chef even came by to check on us and see if we were liking the food.  We all loved the food.  Great quality and portions.  The appetizers to start the meal were delicious.  I went for the Hamachi Crudo and thought it was great.  My gals loved the seaweed and devoured it.  My Wife loved the Spider Roll and wanted to order an extra plate of Sushi for the table.  She offered to pay for it so the waiter checked and said they couldn't do that.  This was lame I thought.  I was surprised to see a Falafel on the menu.   I decided to take a bite and it was actually really good.  My first few bites of the French Onion Soup tasted a bit burnt but after getting into it and mixing up all the cheese it was delicious and I probably could have eaten another bowl of it.   I went for the Steak and Lobster and loved it.  The Lobster was large and buttery.  Soft enough to cut with a fork.  The Steak was cooked perfectly and delicious.  What blew me away thought were the Au Gratin Potatoes.  Now this may be because I have been on a low carb diet for a month and haven't eaten many potatoes but these Potatoes were amazing.  The taste of the sweet onions and the sauce was magic.  I would order these Potatoes time and time again.  The Prime Rib was great but with the Au Jus was super great.  I tried a bite of the Short Rib Wellington and while good, it was a bit dry.  They were out of the SoufflĂ© by the time we got to dessert so I went for the Basque Cheesecake.  This was a disaster and tasted like scrambled eggs.  Something that should have never been let out of the kitchen.  My Wife ate it though and said "she liked eggs".  All in all this was a fantastic dinner and time at Reflections.  Cannot say enough about the young staff who while a bit under trained for fine dining, did their absolute best to make us feel comfortable and take care of our needs.

VALENTINES DINNER AT HOAKA

REFLECTIONS RESTAURANT AT HOAKALEI COUNTRY CLUB

LETS SET THE VALENTINE MOOD

VALENTINES PRIX FIXE MENU 1

PRIX FIXE MENU 2

HAMACHI CRUDO

SPIDER ROLL

FRENCH ONION SOUP

CAESEAR SALAD

CHICKPEA FALAFEL

STEAK AND LOBSTER

PRIME RIB WITH GREAT AU JUS

SHORT RIB WELLINGTON

LOTS OF SHORT RIBS IN THERE

BASQUE CHEESECAKE

VANILLA ICE CREAM WITH BERRIES

HAPPY AT HOAKALEI

LUCKY ME

MY BABY VALENTINE



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback