NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Monday, February 15, 2021

LA BIRRIA

LA BIRRIA
SOMEWHERE IN KAKAAKO

To my surprise, my lovely Valentine said she wanted to have Birria Tacos for Valentine's lunch.  Not being one to ever refuse Tacos even while trying to eat low carb I said sure lets go.  She got on her phone and looked for a food truck in Kakaako that she had seen days before.  La Birria's food truck was located on Cooke Street so we drove over to try them out.  We ordered the Birria Queso Pack ($12) which comes with (3) Tacos and Consomme.  I decided to also try the Hell Fire Tacos ($12) which comes with (2) Tacos and Consomme.  The guy in the truck recommenced we get a cool drink with the Hell Fire Tacos so we ordered a Pineapple drink.  So glad we did as the Hell Fire Tacos are HOT!  The burn comes on the back end after you take a bite.  I loved the burn but it was a bit too much for the Wife.  I found these Tacos to be delicious and of high quality.  Liked the cheese, onion and cilantro and the Consomme was much better than the last Birria Tacos we had in Kaimuki.  While I loved these Tacos, the Wife had a little indigestion afterwards and is now not a fan of Birria.  I however would go back and eat them again today if I were not going low carb.  

LA BIRRIA TACOS WITH CONSOMME

TRACKED DOWN THE FOOD TRUCK IN KAKAAKO

LA BIRRIA MENU

BIRRIA QUESO PACK

THREE BEEF TACOS WITH CHEESE, ONION AND CILANTRO

MADE TO BE DIPPED

GREAT TASTING CONSOMME

LA BIRRIA HELL FIRE TACOS

HELL FIRE CONSOMME PACKS SOME HEAT

GREAT TASTING BIRRIA TACOS

I WISH I COULD EAT A DOZEN OF THESE TACOS



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback