NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Friday, October 9, 2020

CEVICHE TOSTADAS

DINNER AT HOME

I don't know why but for some reason Ceviche Tostadas stuck in my mind for a day.  I remembered my younger days going down to Baja California and enjoying these on street corners.  Decided to try my own version using Shrimp, Calamari and Mahi Mahi.  I salted the fish first and then covered it with lime juice.  Turns out the Shrimp and Calamari cooked in about 20 minutes but the Mahi Mahi took much longer.  After the fish was white I added all the vegetables and let it marinate for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.  Made an Avocado Crema in a blender with fresh Avocado, JalapeƱo, Cilantro, Sour Cream, Salt, Pepper and a little water.  These Tostadas turned out perfect.  The taste of Mexico in Honolulu.


CEVICHE TOSTADAS

MAHI MAHI, SHRIMP AND CALAMARI

CUBED ALL THE FISH

SALTED AND THEN COVERD IN LIME JUICE.  PLACED IN REFRIGERATOR

YUMMY FRESH VEGGIES -  RED ONION, CILANTRO, BELL PEPPER, CELERY, JALAPENO, TOMATO, CUCUMBER AND GREEN ONION

ADDED ALL THE VEGGIES TO THE COOKED FISH

BACK IN REFRIGERATOR FOR 30 MINUTES

CEVICHE IS READY

DELICIOUS CEVICHE TOSTADAS

SO LIGHT, FRESH, FLAVORFUL AND DELICIOUS

A TASTE OF BAJA ON OUR HONOLULU LANAI



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback