NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Friday, November 27, 2020

LAVAIN BAKERY - CHOCOLATE CHIP AND WALNUT COOKIES

LAVAIN BAKERY
1484 THIRD AVE
NEW YORK
917-464-5578

Years ago I was in New York and my Wife called me and asked if I could go to Lavain Bakery and buy some cookies.  Evidently she had done her research and found that these were some of the best cookies on the planet.  While I had never heard of Lavain Bakery and didn't have much interest in going there, I grabbed a cab and headed there.  When we arrived I was shocked to find a line that seemed to be endless.  The cab came to a stop and I asked the driver to go forward so I could see how long the line was.  It went on and on so I told him to take me back to my hotel.  There was no way I was going to wait in that line in the cold.  Well that decision haunted me because for years my Wife still reminds me that I did not buy her Lavain cookies.  Last month she searched out for the recipe for the famous cookies and made her own version of the Lavain Chocolate Walnut cookies.  They were pretty terrible and I felt so bad because she tried so hard to replicate the recipe.  My Nephew is in New York so I texted him and asked if he could ship me a few of the Lavain cookies.  He was positive and said that he goes to Lavain weekly.  Being a young tech guy, he did not buy and ship the cookies to me.  He sent me a link to their website where you could buy the cookies online.  Brilliant.  I ordered the cookies and found that the shipping to Hawaii was just as much as the cookies.  I ordered anyway and they arrived the day before Thanksgiving which was perfect.  I was so excited to present the box of Lavain cookies to my Wife.  I hid the box and then brought it out after dinner and presented the world famous cookies to her with a smile.  She was thankful but said she would try them later as she was full.  What...I flew these in from New York and now you don't want to eat one.  She said later but I could not resist and had to try these cookies to see if they were really as good as all the hype and accolades.  I took a small bite and was not impressed.  She saw me and then came over and took a bite too.  She had a strange look and said they are supposed to be chewy with the chocolate melting.  We put the cookie into the microwave for 15 seconds and then took another bite.  I thought it was just ok and would not want to eat the entire cookie.  She took a bite and was crushed because it did not live up to her expectations.  In fact, she have away the cookies to her family on Thanksgiving day.
Perhaps it was because they were shipped to Hawaii and not fresh she said.  Then she said that she appreciates me buying the cookies but don't ever buy them again.  Oh well $98 down the drain.
 
 
LAVAIN BAKERY WORLD FAMOUS COOKIE

LAVAIN CHOCOLATE CHIP AND WALNUT COOKIES

FROM NEW YORK TO HONOLULU




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback